Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Opuntia Botanica



The Opuntia trailer is officially underway! I've finally busted through some spring cleaning, ripped out some crumbly particle board, scrubbed walls and pulled out random plywood boards, de-cobwebbed the windows ad screens and begun to move a few herbs and other accouterments into the space. After an almost-meltown while realizing how much work there actually is to be done to the trailer and having only little old me to put in the elbow grease - I decided, first I make the inside workable and pleasant, THEN paint and de-coup the outside and deal with other structural issues.

Realistically, this may be more of a stationary apothecary, rather than a roaming workspace. Logistics pertaining to the size of my car, the title, and the overall roadworthiness of the trailer are all concerns that I don't have the time or energy to take on presently - maybe in the future. But for now my top priorities are basically preparing the interior to be functional for my herb crafting and for guests to stay in if we should have any (and we will - SXSW is just around the corner). Exterior beautification comes next - and maybe will only take a day or two if I'm efficient.


Holy is the day! ... let's all go worship the sun!

*peek HERE to see my decided color scheme for the exterior.

No comments:

Post a Comment